Ubuntu Weekly #66
- Warm thanks to all our friends at Bennett College for Women for all they did to help make our ceremony in the historic college’s lovely Annie Merner Pfeiffer Chapel such a magical event, and thanks to Dr. Alma Adams for hosting the post-ceremony reception in the renovated Steele Hall Art Gallery.
- With the report’s release, we’re excited to see on the blogs people energetically debating their own diverse interpretations around a foundation of facts instead of misperceptions and myths that have persisted since 1979. That’s a welcome step forward.
- We’re especially encouraged by action toward one of our recommendations already beginning in the blogosphere at The Editor’s Log of the News & Record’s John Robinson.
- Volunteer of the Week: Andy Coon, documentary filmmaker whose “Greensboro’s Child” tells a story of Nov. 3, 1979, we thank for engagement and support all along the way, including help making our CD-roms happen (they’ll be available next week). Thanks, Andy! Also, since this is the last edition of Ubuntu Weekly, thanks to all who volunteered or otherwise assisted or contributed to this process, even if just by thinking a good thought. Thanks, Everybody!
- Closing progress indicators: Nearly 400 people attended our Report Release Ceremony; our Ubuntu Weekly e-mail list grew to 857 recipients; we’re almost out of the 1,000 magazine-sized copies of our Executive Summary.
The Lex Files blog coverage, ongoing
Related News & Record coverage, Tuesday, May 30, 2006
Lorraine Ahearn column, News & Record, Sunday, May 28, 2006
Allen Johnson column, News & Record, Sunday, May 28, 2006
Chosen Fast blog coverage, Saturday, May 27, 2006
News & Record coverage, Saturday, May 27, 2006
NPR coverage, Friday, May 26, 2006
Richard Prince column, Journal-isms’s, Friday May 26, 2005
Lorraine Ahearn column, News & Record, Friday, May 26, 2006
News & Record coverage, Friday, May 26, 2006
Associated Press coverage, Friday, May 26, 2006
ThatsWhatzUp! blog coverage, Friday, May 26, 2006
WXII-12 coverage, Thursday, May 25, 2006
News & Record coverage, Thursday, May 25, 2006
Ed Cone Blog coverage, Thursday, May 25, 2006
Related Arkansas Democratic Gazette coverage, Wednesday. May 24, 2006
UBUNTU – “I am what I am because of who we all are.” For a more complete definition, visit http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ubuntu